This article needs help linking to some existent things or even making the pages. You can help Chrono Wiki by .
The Chrono Series, like most role-playing games, has status effects, or conditions that affect a character's attributes or actions, whether it is for better or for worse. Some minor status ailments such as Poison or Blind are inflicted along with normal damage, such Wing Blow, while some of the more advanced ones have a separate spell or skill designated to produce that effect, such as Haste. Every status enhancement effects, at minimum one target. Some have an area effect that includes surrounding units.
Chrono Trigger Status Effects
List of Status Effects
Negative Status Ailments
- Poison: Hit Points slowly drain and attacks weaken.
- Sleep: Exempt from acting and defense severely drops.
- Blind: Lowers hit rate of all actions.
- Stop: Unable to use items, such as Revive or Panacea.
- Slow: Lowers the time between attacks.
- Lock: Unable to use Techniques.
Neutral Status Effects
- Chaos: The character attacks an ally or enemy at random.
- Berserk: The character auto-attacks enemies, but techniques and items cannot be chosen by the player, nor can the target of each attack be chosen.
Positive Status Enhancements
- Haste: Halftime between turns for self or an ally.
- Protect: Physical resilience increases for self or an ally.
Chrono Cross Status Effects
All status effects that are inflicted are negative. Most status effects are inflicted by Elements of the corresponding color. Enemies can also be inflicted with these status effects.
Battle and Field Map Status Effects
- Poison (Green): HP decreases with time during battle/HP decreases with movement on field maps
- Burn (Red): Defense decreases in battle/Damage taken on field maps double
- Sprain(Yellow): Attack decreases in battle/Cannot run on field maps
- Flu (Blue): Stamina recovery rate decreases/Movement control becomes difficult on field maps
Battle Only Status Effects
- Afraid (Green): More susceptible towards enemy critical hits
- AntiYellow(Green): Cannot use yellow elements
- Confused (Red): Loss of control and may attack allies as well as enemies
- AntiBlue (Red): Cannot use blue elements
- Dizzy (Yellow): Evasion decreases
- AntiGreen (Yellow): Cannot use green elements
- Frozen (Blue): Cannot act (Game Over when all party members are frozen)
- AntiRed (Blue): Cannot use red elements
- Fatigued (White): Stamina is used up more quickly with actions
- Asleep (White): Cannot act and defense is decreased
- AntiBlack (White): Cannot use black elements
- Darkness (Black): Hit chance decreases
- Cursed (Black): Stamina is used when attacked
- AntiWhite (Black): Cannot use white elements
Status Restoring Elements
- Antidote: Cures all green status effects
- Ointment: Cures all red status effects
- Brace: Cures all yellow status effects
- Medicine: Cures all blue status effects
- WhiteOut: Cures all white status effects
- BlackOut: Cures all black status effects
- Panacea: Cures all status effects