- "They Call me Gato. I have Metal Joints. Beat me up. And Earn 15 Silver Points."
- — Gato
Gato is an enemy in Chrono Trigger that can be found at Leene Square in the Present. He is a training robot built and maintained by Lucca. The player can fight him in a mock fight for a few Experience Points as well as 15 Silver Points. He sings to his opponents immediately before and after the battle. A spring-loaded fist ejects from his navel to hit nearby foes, and he has an appearance similar to a cat. When battled, Gato's Song plays.
- "Miss Kid and Mistress Lucca are stuck in the backroom.I'm sorry that I lacka the power to help youmm..."
- — Gato
- Gato means cat in Spanish and Portuguese. Additionally, his Japanese name, Gonzalez (Gonsarezu), is a very popular Spanish surname.
- If Magus succeeds in using Black Hole on Gato, Gato will magically reappear near Magus after the battle.
- Cybots share physical characteristics with Gato, but they are blue in color.
- Named for Mexican boxer and former WBC Lightweight Boxing Champion, Rodolfo 'El Gato' González.